Saturday, 5 September 2026

Let the Adventure Begin: Debz's Post

Hello, everyone! This is Charlie's mummy and I am here to tell you more about Charlie. I did promise this last week but I needed to get him settled in and I think a weekend post for a while with his milestones that week will be a fun way to do this. This post is his background and how he came to be with us and then he will tell you about his first week!

After losing our beautiful blue roan Rosie on 19th February, 2026, four months shy of her sixteenth birthday, there was a gaping hole in our lives. She did everything with us, holidays, Saturdays out, stays with our friends... although these things had slowed down when she went blind and deaf. We knew it would be her last Christmas, but nothing truly prepares you for goodbye. We have left memory stones in all her favourite places. I have closed her blog now but here's a link to it:  https://cockerspanielrosie.blogspot.com/

I always knew we would welcome a new little soul. I had initially thought about rescuing, as I am a firm believer in that, but Rosie's death made me realise how much I wanted another cocker spaniel and one I would know their entire life. We never had children so these are our children. It felt right for us. Having always known Rosie would come to and knowing her before she did, I felt I needed that again.

We had a breeder in mind we found on Champdogs and invested emotionally in waiting for a puppy from her, but life had other plans. Instead, within moments of knowing it wasn't happening the way we planned, very sad litter news... there was Charlie's face on another page. I must have looked at the page before as I received alerts on Champdogs, but I always felt I had to stay loyal. The one I had been talking to for months. But here he was. Charlie was the first puppy chosen in his litter... but second thoughts  last minute and he was available again. He wasn't instantly ours as someone else was viewing him almost right after I messaged and spoke with the breeder, telling her what had happened. I was sure the other people would have him, so tried not to raise my hopes... again... and then the news came!They were unsure as had not had a puppy before... he was to be ours!

We had decorated the house after Rosie's death: more therapy for me than anything else. We were ready...

I had created an AI vision of how I wanted the living room to look and even put a puppy in the photo. I looked at that every day. It was my phone screensaver. Now the real one is instead!

Look at this:

AI Image... March, 2026


Real image... August, 2026

I am a believer that things happen they way they are supposed to and there are a number of things that make me absoutely certain Charlie is who we were supposed to find all this time. I think I had even seen his face on my Champdog alerts but it took a nudge from universe to make it happen:)

Last Friday (August 28th) we drove to near Stratfod-upon-Avon (a good place for a writer!) and had some time together before staying in a lovely AirBnb twenty minutes away from there and also twenty minutes away from where Charlie was near Royal Leamington Spa.

Love at first sight!
He came home securely in a cat basket behind the passenger seat and I safely navigated from the back seat. What a good boy he was!




The Night Before {August 28/9}

First Meeting: on Daddy's lap


With 'Billy' his first toy {courtesy of Uncle Reg!}



Travelling to his new home


He was such a good boy and kept looking at me. And when he arrived as he told you in his first post he was so happy wagging and strutting.


Before he tells you about his first week which he will do tomorrow... I want to give you some background on his furry family :) He also had Sarah and Laura who raised him so well. What a lovely start in life they gave him and I hope to always stay in touch with them. They gave us everything we needed and shared videos of him every day before we went to collect him! We are so so grateful to them.


So... let's start with the furry family!


Mummy 'Ivy'



Granny 'Phoebe'




Mummy and Granny


Daddy 'Brody'


        Grandad 'Samuel'


Now for his  siblings!

He was one of 6!

                                                                      

                                                                       Brother 'Rusty'





Sister 'Hope'



Sister 'Bramble'


Brother 'Ralphie'



Sister 'Malaika'


And here's Charlie with a very happy Mummy!


His posh name is Aralash Enchanting Ernest! Charlie is easier!!!

Tomorrow I will let Charlie tell you all about his first week, his favourite toys, his vet visit for his injection and much more!!!


Subscribe for more lively updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

This week has been more fun although I didn't go to school as Mummy found a better school which is on a Monday and I start in a week...